- 2 lb pork collar butt (梅頭肉)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Rinse and cut pork collar butt into strip(s) about 2 and half inch in width each. Make several slashes across the top of the strips to avoid curling up when cooked.
- Heat the maltose a little bit so that it can be mixed into the seasoning better. Marinate the pork with the seasoning and put in a fridge. For a better result, marinate for overnight.
- Preheat countertop toaster oven to 180C/350F. Put seasoned pork strip(s) in a tray lined with foil. Do not put all the marinade in because it will burn easily. Only keep a thin layer on the pork strips. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Adjusst the heat to 210C/400F. Take the pork out, brush pork strip(s) with honey and maltose mixture and bake for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 once.
- Let the BBQ pork stand for 10 minutes after taking out from oven. When the pork cool down a bit, cut and arrange it as desired. Don’t forget to go with the gravy inn oven tray. Excellent taste!
- You can use the conventional oven but the cooking time will need to be adjusted accordingly. I found that it takes longer to cook the pork while the meat cooked in the toaster oven is more juicy and tender.
- Cutting into the meat too early will cause a significant loss of juice. Do not skip the resting stage.